Friday, August 20, 2010

Who Inspires You?

Hello world!  
This is my first blog..ever!  Hope you enjoy! *smile*










----
You may be wondering what is my Get-It Inspiration Guide all about.  Well for starters...I am someone that gets inspired everyday.  I'm sure you can relate.  I want my blog site to be available to those that want to learn something new whether it's learning how to switch up your style, learning unique DIY projects, photography tips, business tips, life tips, etc.  



----
A little about me...
1.  I love Love
2.  Favorite words: Live Laugh Love
3.  I'm obsessed with making crafts. (One of my aunts inspired me to learn how to create my own crafts)
4.  Enjoy making jewelry. 
5.  Love meeting new people.
6.  Love to see people happy.
7.  Open to new ideas & experiences
8.  Love All music
9.  I'm Random, Silly, Sweet, Beautiful, Smart, Creative
10.  Love dancing...even though I'm not the best at it (lol) ^_^
11.  I'm a Christian & believer in Jesus Christ.
12.  I'm African American.  (When I first meet someone..never fails (lol)...the first question I'm asked is: "What are you mixed with? or What's your ethnicity?..or even..What are you? haha)  
13.  I hate confrontation.
14.  Favorite Flower: Orchid
15.  Love Puppies
16.  Adore chick flicks (One of my Favs: "When Harry Met Sally")
17.  Love Food..."Hey, a sistah's gotta eat." 
18.  Fav. Perfume: Forever by Mariah Carey
19.  Enjoying taking photographs
20.  Used to play piano (played for 10 years....ya'll may be thinking..."Wow, she must be great!" Haha to that one...That's all I'll say. *smile*)

----
Well enough "about me"...Let's get Bloggin!!! ^_^
----

As I mentioned before...I'm obsessed with making crafts.  I've always been "creating" something since middle school.  I first got the idea to make crafts after sitting & watching my aunt numerous times as she would make hers from scratch.  She had a photographic memory & could just look at something from a craft store and re-create it.  I admired her so much...she passed away some time ago.  My biggest craft hobby starting out was making keychains with those iron on beads.  Ya'll know what I'm talking about, right?? lol.  I thought I was so cool.  My second craft hobby was.."oh, watch out now"...making things out of popsicle sticks.  Now if that's not cool I don't know what is.  I was really into making penny banks and bird houses out of popsicle sticks.  Maybe I'll take some pictures and show ya'll my old crafts.  My next big thing was latch hook& sew pillows.  Using the latch hook takes a lot of time & patience if your pattern is a medium to large size.  My favorite hobby right now is making jewelry using beads or fabric.  Now this is very time consuming but I must say I really do Love it.  Jewelry is my passion.  Some people  say you can determine what your passion is by asking yourself: Is there something I love doing & spend hours reading about it?
..I'm still figuring out how to define my jewelry style.  I think I actually like the idea of having several different styles.  Sometimes I like for my jewelry to look simple yet elegant & other times I want it to be Big, Bold, & Glamourous.  As of right now...I'm keeping it simple & in the meantime I'll continue to learn new ways to improve my skills by researching different techniques on making all kinds of jewelry using beads, polymer clay, fabric, leather, chains, wire etc.  I'll share some of my previous work to you all a little later on.  

----
For more information about "Finding Your Passion" click link below:
("I love WikiHow")

----
I love researching Do-It-Yourself tutorials!!!!!
Clue Me In:  How Can I Make a Bib Necklace?



Click link below for tutorial:
This blogger is awesome! 

Materials Needed:
1. Black & Gold thread
2. (2) Rectangular pieces of black fabric (20 cm x 15 cm) Note: No thin fabric
3. Needle and scissors
4. 5 Black large oval gems
5. 60 cm of gold chain
6. 70 cm of black silver chain
7. 1m of black satin ribbon
8. Cutting pliers

Note:
The link for this tutorial will not tell you how to make this exact bib necklace (above) but you'll at least get the idea of how to get started.  It's the same concept. *smile* Enjoy!  

----
Well my friends...this is the end of my first blog.  Hope you all enjoyed reading it!  
Feel free to leave comments...only respectful & positive comments allowed. *smile*  


Answer this: Who or What Inspires You?  
I would love to hear your stories.



Stay Tuned...



----
Be Inspired. Be Creative. Be You.






No comments:

Post a Comment