Friday, August 20, 2010

Big Feet



I have always had the hardest time finding cute shoes in my shoe size.  I used to be embarrassed to tell people...especially guys...what size shoe I wear because I didn't want them to pick on me because of my "Big Feet".  Some guys choose to not have relations with a girl if she has "Big Feet"...if that's not shallow I don't know what is.  A lot of the most beautiful women in the world have "Big Feet".  The truth of the matter is there is absolutely nothing I can do to change the way my feet look.  Trust me if I had the option of changing the size of my feet I probably would but that's just not going to happen.  I've learned to accept my "Big Feet".  And you may be laughing at this whole "Big Feet" story of mine but I like to think of it this way...I'm thankful that God even gave me feet to walk (lol)...no seriously.  Would you rather I have "Big Feet" or no feet at all? lol.  I always say count your blessings because honestly my/your situation could be a lot worse than it is now (You can relate that to any thing/ situation that happens in your life).  Think about that!

I used to think I was the only girl in middle and high school with really "Big Feet"...I'm crazy for even thinking that (lol) but now I realize there are so many ladies around the world that are just like me.  I found it odd yet exciting to hear that all of my former roomies (a total of 3 girls) from a couple of summers ago all wore size 10 shoes.  How ironic was that?....I was also amazed to find a list of famous women that have "Big Feet".  I'm talking about celebrities that wear size 10 or greater shoes such as Paris Hilton, Uma Thurman, Mariah Carey (who would have thought?) , Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Brandy, and Liv Tyler.  They all are beautiful women that are not afraid to flaunt their pretty "Big Feet".  My inspiration!

The advantage of being a celebrity with "Big Feet", however, is being able to purchase custom made cute shoes.  This can be quite a bit of a challenge for the average female because that whole process can be pretty expensive.  I'm clueless as to why department stores have such a small selection of cute shoes for the "Big Feet" ladies.  Most shoe stores don't even carry my correct shoe size, which is a narrow 10.5 size shoe, and sometimes I buy shoes that are just a little too tight for me.  Wearing some of those tighter shoes for "x" amount of time kill my feet.  When I buy shoes usually the size 10 shoe is just a smidge too small and the size 11 is just a smidge too big.  That's what kind of sucks about buying shoes-it's never a perfect fit so I have to kind of work with walking in a tighter fit shoe or a more loose fitting shoe.  Sigh..That's the price I pay for trying to look cute. 

I'm just curious tho...Do some of these famous shoe designers even acknowledge the large number of women searching for larger size "cute" shoes to fit their "Big Feet"?  They would make so much more profit if they sold larger sizes in department stores. My goal, when I can afford it, is to upgrade my shoe style and collection.  I want to find a various range of different style shoes with a splash of color.  I just have too many dark colored shoes. It's time to liven up my shoe collection. *smile*

Sheesh..It's not easy being a girl sometimes. Guys have NO clue what girls have to go through (lol). 

As you all know by now...finding affordable shoes in my size is so hard to do.  Lately I've tried researching some online stores that sell shoes for ladies like myself at an affordable price.

So...Ladies if you're like me & need help finding cute shoes for the "Big Feet" girl (YOU) then check out these links below:
1. http://www.zappos.com/search/shoes/filter/hide%3AproductTypeFacet/%22Shoes%22/gender/%22Womens%22/categoryFacet/%22Shoes%22/subCategoryFacet/%22Heels%22/size/%2210.5%22/sort/isNew/desc/
---Some of these shoes are a little pricey for me but you may find them affordable.
2.
http://www.endless.com/b/242169011?%5Fencoding=UTF8&tag=computer0bd-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325
3.
 http://www.samantashoes.com/CC3/shop.php//new-arrivals/c_25.html
4.    
http://www.makemechic.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=size+-+10
5.
http://www.amazonastyle.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=96
6.
http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/shoes



Clue Me In:  How can I make a reversible bag? 



Click link below for tutorial:

This blogger is awesome!
Check out her other tutorials & feel free to post comments.


---
If you ladies know of any other online stores that sell "cute" shoes for women with "Big Feet"...Please post your comments.  Thank you!  *smile*






---
Be Inspired. Be Creative. Be You.



No comments:

Post a Comment